Cynthia D’Amour posted a challenge to put the essence of our chapters in just 6 words. The challenge started over in Facebook to put the essence of your speech in six words, but I like how Cynthia issued the challenge to us in the chapter world. We know that we have a nano-second (okay maybe 60-sec minutes) to capture a person’s attention and draw them in to take a look at the chapter. Whether it’s a member who you are trying to engage as a volunteer or a nonmember to consider membership – you have the same 60 seconds to share your elevator speech. Cynthia’s challenge is to take that to six words – think “Your Headline.” As you’re working on that, Cynthia suggests that you test the headline with members … do they agree and do they recognize your chapter in the headline? So, here’s my six-word headline: It’s the year of the chapter. Read my original posting on that (and tell me if you agree). Now create one for your chapter and share - okay? Maybe issue a contest to your chapters to each come up with the special headline and share – give each a prize or pick a few to highlight. Need inspiration? Read Cynthia’s six-word headline here. Check out these resources too:
Subscribe to Content
Learn more about subscribing to this site's content plus links to direct XML feeds.
Recent Blog Posts
Popular Blog Posts
- Engaging Today's Volunteer - A 2016 Resolution
- Deciphering the Emerging Volunteer Model
- Evolving Chapters & Member Engagement
- The Mission Driven Volunteer
- Understanding the New Volunteer
- Your chapters need more volunteer muscle?
- Finding Micro-Volunteering Jobs to Offer
- Embracing the Unofficial Volunteer
- Chapter Performance Dashboard: Right Side Up
- Fully Developing Your Volunteer Workforce